TIME TO SMILE TOGETHER…
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your care and safety. We have missed you and look forward to re-initiating our work towards creating your healthy, beautiful smiles!
Please be assured that your health and safety is our top priority. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Americal Association of Orthodontists (AAO). We follow and subscribe to these agencies because your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Our affiliation with these organization ensures that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Our re-opening date is Monday, June 1, 2020. We have taken all the necessary steps to make your visit safe. This includes:
- Pre-screening visitors and staff
- Temperature checks for all who enter the office
- Proper social distancing in reception and patient areas
- Use of plexiglass barriers
- Proper use of PPE for all staff
- Extensive disinfection of all high touch areas
- HEPA Air Filtration in patient areas
We have been hard at work getting our office ready for you and we look forward to welcoming you! As you plan for your visit please make note of the following procedural changes to ensure everyone’s care and safety:
- All patients/parents must complete a Supplemental Consent to Treat form before being seen. Please follow this link to complete and submit or print. A minor patient without a Consent Form and no parent/guardian to complete at the office will have their appointment rescheduled.
- Please brush your teeth before arriving at the office. The brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to the office. Patient masks will be worn other than during their appointment.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced; this includes limited seating and a closure of our waiting room.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. If a parent would like to escort their child, then only one parent will be allowed and will also be subject to the full check-in protocol, including wearing a mask. No siblings allowed, unless the sibling is also a patient with an appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- New Office Hours are 7:30 am to 2:00 pm. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and alternating Friday/Saturday. We are closed on Wednesday and Sunday.
- Emergency patients will be added after 2:00 pm.
The new check-in/check-out procedure is as follows:
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Please stay in your car.
- A staff member will call your cell phone on file when we are ready for you.
- A staff member will meet the patient at the back door, facing the parking lot. Please do not come into the building through the main entrance.
- A Wellness Screening will be performed upon entry that will consist of taking the patient’s temperature and answering a few health-related questions. If necessary, we will ask to re-schedule the appointment.
- After entering the office, the patient will be directed to wash their hands and be seated.
- After the appointment is completed, the patient will exit out the same door.
- A staff member will text or call to review any follow up information and schedule the next visit.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Gerry Aylward and Staff