Office Update 9/1/20
Dear Loyal Patients and Family Members,
We hope all of you continue to be in good health and good spirits as we continue to navigate our way through the pandemic. We have had to adapt and adjust our routines in so many ways. Our staff continues to be committed to your health and safety. We would like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding regarding our new check-in procedures and flexibility with appointment scheduling. We are all in this together and we will continue to strive for excellence each day.
School has started for most of you, whether it be in person or on-line. We continue to have before and after school hours, but keep in mind we are still only able to safely accommodate a certain number of patients in any given day. Please be flexible when scheduling longer appointments and emergency appointments. We would like to remind you of our scheduling guidelines:
- Schedule your regular appointments well in advance. The office staff will text appointment availability at the end of each visit.
- Long appointments (30 minutes or more) must be scheduled no later than 3:00 pm.
- Be on time for your appointment. If you arrive 10 minutes or more late, we will re-schedule your appointment. This is especially important as we strive to maintain proper patient distancing in the office.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please try to give us at least a 24-hour notice, so that we may offer that appointment to another patient.
- Please take a minute to confirm your appointments via text AND complete the new Wellness Form. The updated form can be completed right on your phone!
Please be assured that your health and safety is our top priority. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Americal Association of Orthodontists (AAO). We follow and subscribe to these agencies because your safety is of the utmost importance to us. Our affiliation with these organization ensures that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We have taken all the necessary steps to make your visit safe. This includes:
- Pre-screening visitors and staff
- Temperature checks for all who enter the office
- Proper social distancing in reception and patient areas
- Use of plexiglass barriers
- Proper use of PPE for all staff
- Extensive disinfection of all high touch areas
- HEPA Air Filtration in patient areas
As you plan for your visit, please make note of the following procedural changes to ensure everyone’s care and safety:
- All patients/parents must complete a Supplemental Consent to Treat form before being seen for the first time. Please follow this link to complete and submit or print. A minor patient without a Consent Form and no parent/guardian to complete at the office will have their appointment rescheduled.
- Please brush your teeth before arriving at the office. The brushing station is closed at this time.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to the office. Patient masks will be worn other than during their appointment.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced; this includes limited seating and a closure of our waiting room.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. If a parent would like to escort their child, then only one parent will be allowed and will also be subject to the full check-in protocol, including wearing a mask. No siblings allowed, unless the sibling is also a patient with an appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Office hours are Tuesday 7:30 am – 5:00 pm, Thursday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm, alternating Mondays and Fridays 7:30 – 12:00 pm and 2 Saturdays per month 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Emergency patients will be seen daily based on need and available appointments.
The new check-in/check-out procedure is as follows:
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Please stay in your car.
- Please text or call 847-358-9000 when you arrive.
- A staff member will meet the patient at the back door, facing the parking lot. Please do not come into the building through the main entrance.
- A Wellness Screening will be performed upon entry that will consist of taking the patient’s temperature and answering a few health-related questions. If necessary, we will ask to re-schedule the appointment.
- After entering the office, the patient will be directed to wash their hands and be seated.
- After the appointment is completed, the patient will exit out the same door.
- A staff member will text or call to review any follow up information and schedule the next visit.
- Please remember to schedule your next visit as soon as possible, confirm your appointments, and complete the wellness form using our automated text system.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to continuing your care and welcoming new patients.
Dr. Gerry Aylward and Staff